A Salmon Firm, LLC
New Clients : 770-901-2917 Existing Clients: 770-559-4935

Legal Support To Help You Get Upstream

Posts tagged "Legitimation"

How do I establish paternity in Georgia?

There are numerous cases of unwed mothers having babies in Norcross. In these situations, the mother may have a hard time collecting child support from the father if he or she does not voluntarily step forward and agree that he is the father of the child. In these cases, the mother will need to establish the paternity of the father in question.

In Georgia, it's not easy for fathers to secure parental rights

If a father wishes to establish his parental rights to a son or daughter born out of wedlock, he must follow every step of a legal process to legitimate the child. Simply put, without legitimation, the father will have no custody or visitation rights, and the child will be unable to inherit any of the father's assets unless complex arrangements are made.

Why establishing paternity isn't good enough

Many children in Georgia are born outside the bounds of traditional marriage. This isn't so surprising - traditional marriage isn't as appealing as it once was. It's common for modern couples to have children without getting married, and for unmarried partners who live apart to share parenting duties.

With offices in Norcross, we serve throughout the Atlanta metro region.

Email Us For a Response

Contact Us Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

2415 Beaver Ruin Road
Norcross, GA 30071

Phone: 770-901-2917
Phone: 770-883-3018
Phone: 770-559-4935
Fax: 888-308-1931
Norcross Law Office Map